Friday, April 17, 2009

Wilco: Live



Okay. Wilco. Well, being pretty much my favorite band. I had extremely high expectations. After having listened to an amazing live album of theirs the past couple years. I was so excited to actually see them in person. The thing was, they exceeded my expectations. They were nuts. The house was packed. Tweedy was funny. Glenn stood on his drums. They had dueling guitar solos. Sing along songs. They came out for two encores. Put Bloomington into a song. They were amazing. A lot of bands are terrible live. A lot of singers are terrible live. Tweedy and Wilco, they're better. I was in straight shock the entire concert. I saw my History of Rock and Roll professor there. Before the concert in class he said, "Tweedy called me today, asked if he could speak in the class. But we just don't have enough time...of course I'm joking. If he called me, I'd have a nervous breakdown. I love Wilco." That's just a perfect example of Wilco's range of fans. I saw an 8 year old and people pushing 60 all enjoying them. I don't know what else to say, but if you do get a chance to see them. Do. I paid 25 bucks, but I would've easily paid double that. They were that good. I didn't get many pictures because the lighting was not being friendly with me. So I will leave you with a live video, sadly not taken from last night's concert. I posted this video before, but you can get some sort of idea if you hadn't watched it before. Check these guys out. They have a new album due in late June. And I'm going to have to buy their DVD Ashes of American Flags coming in late April. So soon. Enjoy this clip.

Wilco:> Side With the Seeds

No comments: